In Part 2, I'll share the details to enable a site that will allow the content authors to schedule some fantastic news.
Part 2 - Enable News Scheduling in a Site
Before anything, select a site to enable this feature, I am enabling news scheduling in The Landing site.
To create a custom column for the Site Pages library in The Landing site we have two options:
- Creating a custom column directly in the Site Pages library.
- Creating a custom site column in the Site Page content type.
You can use any available options but for this article I will go with the second option i.e. creating a custom site column in the Site Page content type.
- Go to the settings of the Site Pages library
- Under Content Types section click on the Site Page content type
- Now open the parent Site Page content type by clicking on the Site Page link
- At the bottom of the parent Site Page content type settings, click on Add from new site column
- Create a column named Publishing Date with the following configuration
- Go back to the Site Pages library settings and you will see this new Publishing Date column
We have completed Part 2 of the series, but the next one (Part 3) is the masterpiece, which will make all the magic happen.
Part 1 contains the information to store scheduled news in a centralised space so, that it can be published at scheduled time)
In Part 2, we have equipped a SharePoint site for content authors to schedule news for a modern intranet.